I am happy to be the recipient of the Brotherhood Of the World Blog Award from a ‘Brit in Bankok’ Thailand. Travels of a Beauty Addict. Great travel destinations. Take a look at the great photos on her blog “Christmas in the Maldives”
There are a lot of fantastic bloggers that sweep you away to beautiful places around the world. We are truly fortunate to have these opportunities.
To be a recipient of this award, I need to nominate 10 other bloggers and answer these “skill-testing” questions. This is going to be fun!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules of the award and post a picture of the award.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers and be sure to let them know.
- Write a list of questions of your nominees to answer.
1. Where is the best place you traveled to?
That is a hard question. Everyplace has something wonderful about it. To be quite frank, I don’t think I have found it yet. I do enjoy the journey!
2. Where does your blog name come from?
Waypoint was a nautical term that sailors used as a point on the map where there was a safe harbour. The sailors would dock their ship and remain for a rest, supplies or ship repairs. I suppose the sailors would “weigh” anchor (means ‘raising’ the anchor)when they were ready to depart. Hence Waypoint. The Vacation Co-op was formed in 2014 as a member based vacation club.
3. What is your pet peeve?
One of my biggest pet peeves is poor customer service. We deal with people every day. If it’s getting coffee at McDonald’s or buying shoes. Staff that act as if you are annoying them is the worst sort. You choose how you behave. Its easy to smile and cost you nothing.
4. What is most important to you in a friendship?
Loyalty is very important. We all screw up at times. No one is perfect. A friend will say “you are only human” and forget about it. A ‘fair-weather friend’ will treat you badly and may insult you even more. Not a true friend.
5. Best Beauty Product of 2017?
That s a good question. Not too many things have changed very much ~ as far as I know. I keep thinking water. If you wash your face with water and a mild soap (cleansing cream) rinse and apply witch hazel with s cotton swab — and don’t eat donuts, you will have very good skin.
6. What book is on our bedside table?
Moby Dick. (again) I like the classics. The writing style is really spell binding.
7. What do you do to unwind?
I ride my bike (bicycle) around the neighborhood. If it is a sunny day, I may ride to my sister’s place early in the morning and join her in a cup of coffee.
The nominees for the Brotherhood of The World Blogger Award are as follows:
My questions to the recipients of this award are:
1) What is your favorite ‘little’ luxury?
2) Name a song that gets stuck in your head.
3) Best gift you ever received?
4) What is you favorite room in the house and why?
5) Do you have a dream destination for a vacation?
6) What is the first thing on your bucket list?
7. If you could turn back the clock 10 years, what piece of advice would you give yourself?